Dr. Nidhi Kaicker
Assistant Professor , School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship
Nidhi Kaicker has a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from St. Stephens College, Delhi University and a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University. She is currently pursuing her PhD in the area of Financial Markets from FMS, Delhi. Her areas of research are Financial Markets, Behavioural Finance, Agriculture and Food Security, Poverty and Nutrition, Privatisation and Role of the State, and Financial Econometrics.
Nidhi has worked in the area of corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions in the Investment banking division at Merrill Lynch in 2007-08, and has also done several corporate projects in the financial services and private equity Industry. She was also responsible for teaching and grading responsibilities for “Managerial Economics” and “Economic Environment of Business” course at Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University in 2011-12.
- “Calorie Thresholds and Undernutrition in India, 1993-2004” (jointly with Raghav Gaiha), Journal of Policy Modelling (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jpolmod.2012.04.002
- “Food Subsidy, Income Transfer and the Poor: A Comparative Analysis of the Public Distribution System in India's States” (jointly with Raghav Gaiha, Raghbendra Jha and Manoj Pandey) – submitted for publication in Oxford Development Studies.
- “Agriculture: Pathways to Prosperity in Asia and the Pacific region” (jointly with Simrit Kaur and Prem Vashishtha), report published by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Rome, 2011. An abridged version will be published as an Occasional Paper by IFAD, Rome.
- “Remittances, Growth and Poverty in Asia and the Pacific Region” (jointly with Katsushi Imai, Raghav Gaiha and Abdilahi Ali), submitted for publication in World Economy. Also accepted for presentation at the World Finance Conference, Rio-de-janeiro, July 2012
- “TFP Growth, Supply and Food Prices in Asia”, International Fund for Agricultural Development, Rome, 2011, mimeo
- “A Forecasting Model for Indian Income Tax Revenue” (jointly with Monica Singhania), Accepted for presentation at the Accounting Theory and Practice Conference, Tamkang University, Taipei, 2010
- “Forecasting Model for Indian Direct Tax Revenue” (jointly with Monica Singhania), Accepted for presentation at the International Accounting & Finance Conference, Sabah, Malaysia, 2010
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Contributed three chapters to the book “Diets, Malnutrition and Disease”, edited by Raghav Gaiha, Raghbendra Jha and Vani S. Kulkarni, Oxford University Press, Forthcoming
- “Dietary Transition in India: An Analysis Based on NSS Data for 1993 and 2004” (jointly with Raghav Gaiha and Vani S. Kulkarni). This paper was presented at the International Economic Association World Congress, Beijing in July 2011.
- “Calorie Thresholds and Undernutrition in India, 1993-2009” (jointly with Raghav Gaiha)
- “PDS and the Right to Food” (jointly with Raghav Gaiha)
- “Diets, Nutrition and Poverty – the Indian Experience” (jointly with Raghav Gaiha, Vani S. Kulkarni and Raghbendra Jha) in The Oxford Handbook of Food, Politics and Society, Edited by Ron Herring, OUP, New York, Forthcoming
- Op-ed on “Does Food Price Inflation Hurt the Poor”, jointly with Raghav Gaiha, appeared in The Economic Times, July 7, 2011
- Op-ed on “Have the Poor become more Undernourished”, jointly with Raghav Gaiha, appeared in The Economic Times, February 18, 2012
Seminar / Conferences
- Presented a paper on “Dietary Transition in India, 1993-2004” at the International Economic Association World Congress in Beijing, China in July 2011