Dr. Anshu Gupta
Assistant Professor , School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship
Dr. Anshu Gupta obtained PhD in Operational Research in May 2009 from Department of Operational Research, University of Delhi, India. Her doctoral research was in the area of quantitative modeling and optimization in the area of Software Reliability and Marketing Management. She has obtained her masters, and MPhil degrees in Operational Research, from Department of OR, University of Delhi.
She is associated with SBPPSE, AUD from Feb 2012. She has worked with Department of Operational Research, University of Delhi in the capacity of Assistant Professor from Aug 2009 - Feb 2012. She has also taught at Keshav Mahavidyalya, University of Delhi in the academic year 2008-09.
My Zone / Area of Expertise
Her current research interests include multi-criteria decision models, mathematical modeling and optimization in the areas of supply chain management, quality management and marketing management. She has contributed several research papers in referred international and national journals published from Taylor & Francis, Wiley, Springer, Emerald, Inderscience, Elsevier etc.
She teaches courses in business statistics, management science, operations management, research methods, supply chain management and quality management.
Other Professional Activities/Awards
- Associated in different roles in organization of several conferences (international and national), seminars and conclaves.
- Presented research papers and chaired technical sessions in various international and national conferences.
- On the panel of reviewer of several journals including IEEE Access, IJAIP, YJOR, IJSEAM, IJSRE.
- Attended professional development programmes/workshops on SEM, machine leaning, fuzzy logic research teaching with simulations, case writing, teaching and research, innovative quality practices & six sigma and robust design, SPSS and research methods, orientation and refresher programmes at Academic Staff College, JMI
- Contributed in curricular development, extension activities and administrative roles/committees at AUD
- Young author of the year award 2009, by Society for Reliability Engineering, Quality and Operations Management
- Best application paper award, National Symposium on Recent Advances in Optimization Theory and Application, Academic Research Center, Delhi, Oct 27-28, 2006.
- Life member of Society for Reliability Engineering, Quality and Operations Management; and Operational Research Society of India.
- Gold Medalist, M.Sc. OR
- JRF-NET (UGC), 2003
- Jain Memorial Scholarship for the year 2002-2003
- Gupta, A., Sharma, P., Jain, A., Xue, H., Malik, S.C., & Jha, P. C. (2019). An Integrated DEMATEL Six Sigma Hybrid Framework for Manufacturing Process Improvement. Accepted for publication in Annals of Operations Research. (ISSN: 1572-9338), (IF 2016: 2.284)
- Sharma, P., Gupta, A., Malik, S. C. & Jha, P. C. (2019). Quality Improvement in Manufacturing Process through Six Sigma: A Case Study of Indian MSME Firm. Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research, 29(4), 519-537, (ISSN 2334-6043)
- Sharma, P., Malik, S. C., Gupta, A. & Jha, P. C. (2018). A DMAIC Six Sigma Approach to Quality Improvement in the Anodising Stage of the Amplifier Production Process. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 35 (9), 1868-1880 (ISSN: 0265-671X)
- Kaul, A., Aggarwal, S., Gupta, A., Dayama, N., Krishnamoorthy, M., & Jha, P. C. (2018). Optimal Advertising on a Two-Dimensional Web Banner. International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, 9(1), 306-311 (ISSN: 0976-4348 )
- Gupta, A., Aggarwal, S., Kaul, A., & Jha, P. C. (2016). Optimal Placement of Advertisements on a Pixelated Web Banner. Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, 37(5), 693-716 (ISSN: 2169-0103)
- Gupta, A., Sharma, P., Malik, S. C., Agarwal, N., & Jha, P. C. (2016). Productivity Improvement in the Chassis Preparation Stage of the Amplifier Production Process: A DMAIC Six Sigma Methodology. International Journal of Reliability, Quality and Safety Engineering, 23, 1640012-(1-13) (ISSN: 1793-6446)
- Jha, P. C., Aggarwal, S., & Gupta, A. (2016). Optimal duration of promotion for durable technology product in a segmented market. Journal of Promotion Management, 22(5), 751-771. (ISSN: 1540-7594) (Global IF 2015: 0.898)
- Manik, P., Gupta, A., Jha, P.C., & Govindan, K. (2016). A Goal Programming Model for Selection and Scheduling of Advertisements on Online News Media. Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, World Scientific Publishing Co. & Operational Research Society of Singapore, DOI: 10.1142/S0217595916500123, 33 (2), 1650012 (1-41). (ISSN: 1793-7019 ) (IF 2016: 0.364)
- Jha, P.C., Aggarwal, S., Gupta, A., & Sarker, R. (2016). Multi-Criteria Media Mix Decision Model for Advertising a Single Product with Segment Specific and Mass Media. Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, 12(4), 1367-1389. (ISSN: 1553-166X) (IF 2018: 1.025)
- Manik P., Gupta A., & Jha P.C. (2015). Multi Stage Promotional Resource Allocation for Segment Specific and Spectrum Effect of Promotion for a Product Incorporating Repeat Purchase Behavior. International Game Theory Review, DOI: 10.1142/S0219198915400216, 17(2):1540021-1540041 (ISSN: 1793-6675).
- Aggarwal, S., Gupta, A., & Jha, P. C. (2014). Multi-criteria media mix decision model for advertising multiple product with segment specific and mass media. Journal Ratio Mathematica, 27, 3-25. (ISSN: 2282-8214)
- Jha P.C., Aggarwal S., Gupta A., Kumar D., & Govindan K., (2014). Innovation Diffusion Model for a Product Incorporating Segment-specific Strategy and the Spectrum Effect of Promotion. Journal of Statistics and Management Systems, DOI:10.1080/09720510.2013.867723, 17(2):165-182 (ISSN: 2169-0014)
- Aggarwal S., Gupta A., Govindan K., Jha P.C., & Meidute I. (2014). Effect of Repeat Purchase and Dynamic Market Size on Diffusion of an Innovative Technological Consumer Product in a Segmented Market. Technological and Economic Development of Economy, DOI:10.3846/20294913.2014.885914, 20(1):97-115, (ISSN: 2029-4921 ) (IF 2018: 4.344)
- Jha P.C., Manik P., & Gupta A. (2013). Dynamic Promotional Resource Allocation for Segment Specific and Spectrum Effect of Promotion for a Product Line Incorporating Repeat Purchase Behavior. American Journal of Operations Research, DOI:10.4236/ajor.2013.33032, 3:350-362 (ISSN: 2160-8849)
- Jha P.C., Manik P., & Gupta A. (2013). Dynamic Promotional Allocation for Multi-Products in Segmented Market under First and Repeat Purchase Behaviour. International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms, DOI: 10.1504/IJAIP.2013.054675, 5(1/2):83-102 (ISSN: 1755-0394)
- Jha, P. C., Aggarwal, R., Gupta, A., & Aggarwal, S. (2013). An optimal advertising media selection model for promotion of multi products in segmented market. Journal of Statistics and Management Systems, 15(1):61-80. (ISSN: 2169-0014 )
- Gupta A. & Dave K. (2016). Retail Marketing in India: Trends and Future Insights, Emerald Publishing, India. (ISBN: 978-1-7863541-0-5)
- Kapur P.K., Kumar R. & Gupta A. (2011). Contributions to software reliability with OR applications. Chapter in Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, DOI: 10.1002/9780470400531.eorms0194, Wiley-Blackwell, Hoboken, New Jersey (United States), (ISBN: 978-0-470-40063-0) (The Encyclopedia received the 2011 RUSA Award for Outstanding Business Reference Source)
- Kapur P.K., Pham H., Gupta Anshu & Jha P.C. (2011). Software Reliability Assessment with OR Applications, an advanced textbook, Springer-Verlag London Limited in Reliability Engineering Series, (ISBN: 978-0-85729-204-9)
- Data Envelopment Analysis, in AICTE Sponsored Faculty Development Programme on “Multi-Criteria Decision Making: Methods and Applications (MCDMMA), Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal (Sonepat):131039 (Haryana) India, December 30, 2019 – January 10, 2020
- Quality Management In the Analytics ERA, in Business Intelligence and Analytics Workshop, Department of Operational Research, University of Delhi, Delhi, Feb. 15, 2019.
- An Approach to Assess the Efficiency of Retail Stores and Identification of the Improvement Drivers, in International Conference on Emerging Innovation in Statistics & Operations Research (EISOR-2018), organized in conjunction with 4th Convention of Indian Association for Reliability and Statistics (IARS) and 38th Annual Convention of Indian Society of Probability and Statistics, by Department of Statistics, MDU, Rohtak-124001 (Haryana). Dec. 27-30, 2018
- Optimisation Models for Placement of Advertisements on a Pixelated Web Banner, in National Conference on Statistics and Optimization Techniques (NCSOT) in conjunction with 2nd Convention of Indian Association for Reliability and Statistics (IARS), Department of Statistics, MDU, Rohtak-124001 (Haryana), Feb. 11-13, 2017.
- Modeling And Optimization in Marketing, in International Conference on Optimization Modelling and Applications, Department of Operational Research, University of Delhi, Delhi, Nov. 29 – Dec. 1, 2012.