|Course Type||Course Code||No. Of Credits|
Semester and Year Offered: 1th Semester (Winter Semester 2019)
Course Coordinator and Team: Dr.K.Valentina
Email of course coordinator: email@example.com
Aim: The aim of the Course is to provide the students with in-depth knowledge of Ethics and CSR issues in the Business World. The course will also provide insights in bringing out the various dimensions of Sustainable Development- Social, Economic and Environmental.
- Explore different ethical perspectives for becoming a successful manager in managing entrepreneurial ventures or business.
- Understand the interlinkages of Ethics and corporate social responsibility in ensuring corporate governance in the emerging world economy.
- Analyse the role of different stakeholders in ensuring sustainable development
- Explore different frameworks for evaluating social and environmental issues through policy and regulatory mechanisms.
Brief description of modules/ Main modules:
- Business Ethics: Historical evolution and importance
- Utilitarianism, Deotology and Virtur Ethics
- Corporate Social responsibility(CSR) in Public Policy context in India
- Theories of CSR and Sustainable Development in India
Assessment Details with weights:
- Project Study: 30%,
- Role Play: 10%,
- Poster making: 10%,
- Attendance/Class participation/Discipline:10%
- End Semester: 40%.
- Velasquez, M.G. 2011 Business Ethics: Concepts and Cases (7th edition) Pearson
- Albuquerque, D 2010 Business Ethics- Principles and Practices (1st edition) OUP
- Chatterji, M 2011, Corporate Social Responsibility, Oxford University Press.
- Crane, A., Matten, D.Spence, L 2007 Corporate Social Responsibility: Readings and Cases in a Global Context.