|Course Type||Course Code||No. Of Credits|
Semester and Year Offered: Semester I in Year I
Course Coordinator and Team: Kalindi Maheshwari
Email of course coordinator: Kalindi@aud.ac.in
Aim The objective of this course is to help participants to develop communication skills, discover what business communication is all about and learn how to adapt their communication experiences in life and college to the business world.
- To develop effective communication skills for optimum performance in business functioning
- To discuss the types of business communication
- To absorb the best practices for effective communication
- To study communication theories and tools
- To understand the foundational role of communication in building personality
- To attempt to analytically discover the self and its reflection in personality
Brief description of modules/ Main modules:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Business Communication
- Unit 2: Effective Listening skills and Feedback
- Unit 3: Interpersonal Skills and Styles of Communication
- Unit 4: Business Communication at Work Place
- Unit 5: Personality Development
- Unit 6: Oral communications
Assessment Details with weights:
- Group Exercises 25% (throughout course)
- Mid semester 25% (4/5th Week)
- End semester 25% (8th Week)
- Reflective paper 25% (throughout course)
- Courtland.H., Bovee, J., Thill, V. and Trivedi, M. (2009) Business Communication Today,9th edition, Pearson Education.
- Murphy, H., Hildebrant, H. and Thomas, J. (2008). Effective Business Communication,7th edition, Tata McGraw Hill Education.
- Theobald, T. (2011).Develop Your Presentation Skills, Kogan page Limited.
- Roldan, A. (1993). A Workbook on Personality Development and Character Building. AR Skills Development and Management Services (SDMS), Paranaque City, Metro Manila